Makes you wonder who is asleep at the switch of the nation’s health. Once again, the numbers are staggering. It sure seems as if the politicians in Washington could engage themselves in the realities of maintaining a robust nation rather than seeking power.
The below is a summary of a rather long and interesting article with lots of links built into the article.
- Drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has preliminarily agreed to a $3 billion settlement — the largest federal drug-company settlement to date — over the illegal and fraudulent sales and marketing practices of several of its drugs, including the diabetes drug Avandia
- The settlement is the culmination of a nearly decade-long federal investigation into GSK’s business practices, including marketing a handful of its drugs for unapproved uses, influencing doctors, potential Medicaid reimbursement fraud, and illegal activity concerning the development and marketing of the Avandia diabetes drug
- GSK spent 11 years covering up trial data that showed Avandia was a risky drug for the heart; the company not only hid negative study data, but also manipulated study data to fit their agenda
- Despite engaging in felony criminal behavior, GlaxoSmithKline and other drug companies are only penalized with fines that amount to little more than a slap on the wrist; individuals involved in these crimes are not held accountable and thus the fraud continues
- Drug companies are among the biggest corporate criminals and felons in the United States; taking control of your health can help you avoid the need for their products and keep you safely out of their web of deceit…..”