The relationship between chronic pain, emotions and muscular wellbeing will be nothing new to those that have had the Mind Body Stress Reduction program I teach in prison. What these articles to point to is the source or should be said, the core problem. Hopefully, once the problem is correctly defined then the solution becomes self-evident.
The below articles are based on recent ground breaking research that to my understanding will underline all that is taught in the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program as designed by John Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center of which the prison version at Lowell CI is a spin off.
1. Chronic pain is determined by emotions, scientists believe
2. Chronic Pain and the Emotional Brain: Specific Brain
Activity Associated with Spontaneous Fluctuations of
Intensity of Chronic Back Pain
3. Back pain ‘timebomb’ in store due to ‘sit still’ culture
4. Depression and Chronic Pain
5. Mind-Body MD Looks for Emotion Behind Chronic Pain